8 tips to get a good Yoast score in your WordPress site
If you have a WordPress site and are keen to improve content on pages and posts, Yoast is an invaluable tool, and it’s free! It will guide you in a simple, intuitive way to improve the readability and quality of your content and consequently boost your search ranking within Google.
Read these 8 tips to improve your Yoast score:
- Think about your audience and the purpose of the content. Choose a relevant and appropriate key word which reflects the search term you want to rank for
- Don’t use the same key words across multiple pages or posts – you’ll be making your content compete with itself
- Use your key words in the page title, content, heading, URL and meta description
- Write an appealing meta description – this will appear in search results and should entice people to click through. An ideal meta description should be between 120 – 150 characters.
- Break up the text with headings – these are picked up by search engines, as well as making it easier for people to read
- Write a minimum of 300 words
- Include links, either to internal or external pages (make sure the external links open in a new tab, don’t encourage people to leave your site!)
- Add alt tags to your images
All these quick updates to your content will make a huge difference, but don’t forget that improving content and SEO will take consideration, consistency and work.