8 tips to get a good Yoast score in your WordPress site
If you have a WordPress site and are keen to improve content on pages and posts, Yoast is an invaluable tool, and it’s free! It will guide you in a simple, intuitive way to improve the readability and quality of your content and consequently boost your search ranking within Google.
Read these 8 tips to improve your Yoast score:
- Think about your audience and the purpose of the content. Choose a relevant and appropriate key word which reflects the search term you want to rank for
- Don’t use the same key words across multiple pages or posts – you’ll be making your content compete with itself
- Use your key words in the page title, content, heading, URL and meta description
- Write an appealing meta description – this will appear in search results and should entice people to click through. An ideal meta description should be between 120 – 150 characters.
- Break up the text with headings – these are picked up by search engines, as well as making it easier for people to read
- Write a minimum of 300 words
- Include links, either to internal or external pages (make sure the external links open in a new tab, don’t encourage people to leave your site!)
- Add alt tags to your images
All these quick updates to your content will make a huge difference, but don’t forget that improving content and SEO will take consideration, consistency and work.
Want to know more about SEO? Please contact me, Mike Fieldhouse, on 01225 580016 or by emailing me: